Though New York City itself is in some ways the greatest classroom on earth, an incredible number of inner-city students have never had the opportunity to venture beyond their own neighborhoods. The ICSF Junior Committee
comprised of members under 40 and headed up by a
provides hands-on support to inner-city Catholic school students in our participating schools. Committee members work in all industries and live throughout the tri-state area, but their common desire is to help the boys and girls of the inner-city by providing them with enriching experiences that they may not have otherwise had the opportunity to attain. From monthly trips to cultural landmarks, to tutoring programs, athletic programs and community service projects, the effect our Junior Committee members have on the kids in our schools is incalculable. Join our mailing list here to get involved.
Enrichment programs organized by the committee include:
- Athletics Program, which includes a basketball league and tournament.
- Community Service Initiatives at schools such as painting classrooms and planting gardens.
- Field Trips to cultural and enrichment locations such as Carnegie Hall, pumpkin picking, museums and professional sports games.
- Student Holiday Celebrations, including Christmas caroling and cookie decorating, Valentine's Day arts and crafts, and Easter egg painting.
- Tutoring Program to help middle school students with their homework and prepare for high school entrance exams.
Committee members work directly with students and also have the ability to lead the committee's efforts by election to various Co-Chair and Executive Co-Chair positions.
Over 25 activities to choose from throughout the year
For more information on our volunteer programs, please contact Tracy Tiernan at firstname.lastname@example.org